Friday, August 21, 2009

I Walk the Streets of Japan til I get Lost...

Training is going along pretty well. Sometimes it is quite boring. Wandering around Hiroshima injects the excitement. One of the things I love about Japan is the feeling of safety: I can walk around and feel at ease. There's a shopping area not too far from my hotel (where the McDonald's was) and I explored the used book store, an electronics store, and found a Subway. I spent way more than I should at Subway, because I had to try a melon soda float. It was delicious! What I like about Hiroshima is that it is a huge city, but it isn't as congested as Tokyo. Sure there's lots of people, but sometimes I felt overstimulated and crowded in Tokyo.
I'm excited to get my apartment Saturday. As much as it's nice to live in the heart of Hiroshima, I am still living in a hotel room. I want to be able to decorate and have my own kitchen. Yesterday I arrived back from training and I was so exhausted that I didn't want to drag my butt out for food. It'll be nice to have a car too. I've been doing ALOT of walking. I'm getting my exercise (I hope). I have to stop being self conscious about sweating all the time when out and about... it is super hot and humid.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley I'm so happy for you! I love your cute little blog that you set up! Good job getting out and about even after an exhuasting day of training! That's crazy that there's only 6 girls -_- oh well, more guys for the picking? XD
    Laters, Sarah & David

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...