Monday, November 26, 2012

Holiday Challenge #2: Thanksgiving in Japan

Having a Thanksgiving dinner isn't the easiest task here in Japan, but there are resources abound. I hadn't had a Thanksgiving meal in 3,4 years, so I started planning this up about a month ago. I went to Costco here in Japan for the first time and got a membership. I got a small turkey breast there. For some of the other foods, I went to smaller imported food stores like Kaldi Coffee and Jupiter for things like canned cranberry jelly and canned pumpkin for my pumpkin pie. Spices like sage and thyme were also easily available (and some in large quantities) at these stores.



I spent a long time cooking but had 2 guests join us for dinner. We still had leftovers to eat the rest of the weekend. I might do this again in a smaller scale for Christmas.

Here's the recipes I used. Give them a try because they were all delicious:
Turkey marinade
Stuffing
Sweet potatoes
Green bean casserole
Pumpkin pie

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...