Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Summer Vaction Activity 1: Baking

Summer vacation has officially started! Well, sort of. I'm "on call" for 2 and a half weeks, which means I have to stay put, so I'm finding things to do that I haven't had time for. My first activity:

RICE COOKER BAKING!

There are surprisingly many recipes that involve rice cookers, and since I don't have an oven, I've learned to make lots of stuff via stove top and microwave, and now, rice cooker. My rice cooker is awesome: it has a timer like a coffee maker so I can have delicious warm rice in the morning. Making breakfast is not one of my strong points. Anyways, I decided to try making banana bread.
Here's all our lovely ingredients, which is all the basic stuff: flour, sugar, milk, baking powder, baking soda, egg, butter (not pictured: bananas and vanilla).


I whipped up the batter and greased the rice cooker pot thoroughly:


It takes a little while to cook. Here it is, not quite done, but getting there:


Finished and wrapped! That, my friends, is how to make baked goods from a rice cooker:


Remember this survival technique. It comes in handy in Asian countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...