Monday, December 27, 2010

The Adventures of Mister Fugu in Oita

Life's been pretty challenging lately. My camera battery died for awhile, preventing me from taking pictures. Winter vacation has finally begun, and for Christmas I took a short weekend trip with Taka around the lower part of Japan. We had a special guest with us, who will be narrating the trip:


Hi! I'm Mister Fugu. Fugu is 'blowfish' in Japanese. The area Ashley lives in is famous for us. I was delighted to take a trip to Beppu, a place known for its hot springs.


It was a chilly winter day, and we started off with a foot hot spring bath. It warmed you all over, and Ashley enjoyed it a little too much.


Taka managed to not fall asleep.


Hanging out with some wise old men of the past. Some of them got a little wild and wouldn't keep their shirts closed.


Had the opportunity to see a geyser that erupts frequently and regularly.


Enjoyed a little cherry sparkling in the hotel on Christmas.


Staying in a traditional Japanese style room means green tea and yukata robes, but I opted for sexy shades.


The view from Beppu's tower was neat: the town on one side and the sea on the other.


I found the tower's small bar and sake collection.


At the famous fish market in Shimonoseki, hoping to not get sold and eaten! I nervously watched Ashley and Taka eat sashimi.


Met up with some relatives of mine.... some very old relatives: the ancient Arapaima.


I made a new friend in Bananaman, who swore he would protect me from those who would want to eat me (apparently he has that problem also)


The llamas thought I was food, so we didn't become fast friends.


I found a cheery snowman chap outside a cafe. He was a very light-hearted fellow (literally)


On the way home, we enjoyed the coziness of the car as we drove through a snowstorm.


So that was our vacation in Beppu and Shimonoseki. I hope you had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Ashley and Taka ^__- those are the cutest pictures ever I love your blowfish doll!
    Very nice narration also =D hope your guys both had an awesome Christmas and New Years Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...