Now that my life's slowed down, I've been thinking about some things I want to do this summer. Without further ado, here's my summer to-do list:
- Spend a weekend at the beach swimming and barbecuing.
- Work on my sewing skills by making some small projects and work up to the level of making clothes
- Write and receive more mail. If you'd like to exchange letters/cards... I'm looking to go old school and find some good snail mail pen pals to write to.
- Get back in the habit of Japanese study, whether it be in the form of a textbook or reading/watching fun things in Japanese. Maybe I can find a good drama to become engrossed in.
- Find myself a good sport (i.e. mode of exercise) to enjoy through the heat and humidity
- Use the internet less. Less mindless surfing and more hobby time.
- Try salt on watermelon (upon my student's recommend)
- Go on a mini road trip and use my car's ETC for the first time (ETC is the automatic electronic toll collection system for the highways).
- Find myself the essential summer romance book and have a day at the park or beach reading.
I'll keep you updated on what I accomplish!
Cute clipart courtesy of Wanpug.com