Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Summer

As many of you probably know, I've been busy as of late.... I finally had my Japan side wedding June 9th, and after all the stress of planning and learning about how it's done here, I'm so happy with how it turned out. I wouldn't consider myself a 'princess' or someone who has had a dream wedding in mind. Doing the traditional Japanese style at a shrine was the best choice for us. It was a small affair and maybe skimpy compared to some weddings here, but it suited us and kept costs down. Here's some pictures if you'd like to take a peek. Wearing the giant kimono, robe, wig, and hat wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it was hot (you'd be crazy to wear it in the summer) and constricting. It was well worth the look and pictures. If you want to see the 2 hour getting ready process, check out some of the pics here.


Now that my life's slowed down, I've been thinking about some things I want to do this summer. Without further ado, here's my summer to-do list:

  • Spend a weekend at the beach swimming and barbecuing.
  • Work on my sewing skills by making some small projects and work up to the level of making clothes
  • Write and receive more mail. If you'd like to exchange letters/cards... I'm looking to go old school and find some good snail mail pen pals to write to.
  • Get back in the habit of Japanese study, whether it be in the form of a textbook or reading/watching fun things in Japanese. Maybe I can find a good drama to become engrossed in.
  • Find myself a good sport (i.e. mode of exercise) to enjoy through the heat and humidity
  • Use the internet less. Less mindless surfing and more hobby time.
  • Try salt on watermelon (upon my student's recommend)
  • Go on a mini road trip and use my car's ETC for the first time (ETC is the automatic electronic toll collection system for the highways).
  • Find myself the essential summer romance book and have a day at the park or beach reading.
I'll keep you updated on what I accomplish!
Cute clipart courtesy of Wanpug.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...